Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Ours was good---crazy as usual. We always go to both of our family's Thanksgiving dinners which, unfortunately, is always a tiring and stressful feat. We thought it was going to go smoothly this year because the times started out different. That soon changed and we ended up having two places to be at once. We did our best and made it to both. The kids were very tired by the end of the day! I think out all that food, all Brady had to eat was a pb&j and "punkie pie". Jack, on the other hand, had no problem eating his dinner! Then, on Saturday we went to Inola for my Dad's family's Thanksgiving. Jack finally took his first few steps. It was fun having the whole family there to witness it!

Unfortunately, I have no pictures of Thanksgiving this year. I left my camera at home like a dingbat!

Here's a recipe I wanted to share. It's what I always take to Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is easy and very yummy!

Corn Casserole

1 stick of butter, melted
1- 8.5 oz pkg Jiffy corn muffin mix
2 eggs, beaten
1-15 oz can of sweet cream-style corn
1-15 oz can of whole kernel sweet corn, partially drained
8 oz sour cream

Combine butter, corn muffin mix, eggs, corn and sour cream
Spoon into a lightly greased 9X9 or other smaller casserole dish
Bake @ 350 degrees for 45 min or until top is golden

This can be double and baked in a 13X9

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try the corn casserole. Sorry you had so many dinners to go to!

    ReplyDelete