Thursday, January 29, 2009

I know it's been a while...

It's been so long since my last blog. I figure, I better explain a little why. For any who still may not know, Brandon and I are expecting another baby!!! The official due date is July 12, 2009. In all honesty, I was a teeny bit freaked out by the prospect at first. My thought was to space our next child out a little more, since Brady and Jack are 22 months apart. I figured a 3 year gap would be perfect. Well, God had other plans for us! If all goes as expected, the age difference between this baby and Jack will be 21 months! We are so excited and can't wait to welcome another teeny Tener into the household! I know it's going to be challenging (to say the least) taking care of three children under the age of 4, but I know we can do it.

So, along with all of the excitment has come an enormous amount of exhaustion! As some of you may know, my body doesn't quite handle pregnancy as well as I would like. I am such a gripey pregnant woman! I never quite feel good. The first trimester has been full of nausea, horrible sensitvity to smell, lack of appetite and, of course, an unceasing tiredness. All of these symptoms have been worse in the evening, unfortunately, which is when Brandon is at work. So, it's been quite difficult, to say the least, dealing with these things and taking care of a "vibrant" aka defiant 3-year-old and a 1-year-old who is into everything! I just haven't had the strength to write lately. When it comes down to sleeping or blogging, I choose sleeping every time! Plus, it hasn't helped that all of this came during the absolute most hectic time of year, the holidays! (I will have to talk about all of that in a future post...this year seriously lacked in holiday cheer...) I truly can't complain too much, though. I haven't been nearly as sick with this pregnancy as I was with my other two (We're talking mega pukefests). I'm hoping, crossing every finger and toe, and praying like crazy that this might mean I'm finally going to get my girl this time! Don't get me wrong, I do LOVE my sweet boys more than life!

Stay tuned...I find out the sex of the baby on Monday, if the little stinker cooperates!

Hopefully, now that I'm feeling a little better I will be able to keep up a little better! After all there's something new to blog about every day!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you started posting again! I was told to drink strawberry pop before your ultrasound. I stopped by QT on the way and it worked. I hope it is a girl too but if it is a boy my little girl gets first dibs :)

    ReplyDelete