Monday, February 2, 2009

The doctor says...

Well, I went to the doctor today and he says he's 99% sure I'm having a GIRL!!! I still am having a hard time believing it! You see, Brandon's side of the family is very boy-heavy and, as I've read, he determines the sex. After having already had two boys, I figured I was just destined to be a mama of boys. Right now, I find myself feeling really guarded. I want to jump up and down and start buying everything pink in sight but I'm still in disbelief. Could it really be true? I sure hope so! I keep telling myself it is still a little early. After all, I'm only 17 weeks. Although, I was looking at some of the boys' ultrasound pictures from the same time and they do look quite different than this baby's. One of them actually had boy parts pointed out at 14 weeks. Anyway, I'm crazy excited about the prospect a having a sweet little girl! Phew, I'm just glad to know something already! The suspense was killing me! I hardly slept a wink last night because I was so nervous! I should sleep like a rock tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I'm seriously so excited for you, Meagan! I know what you mean about being cautious with the gender confirmation...Elleny was a "boy" at 13 weeks, a "maybe girl, I dunno now" at 15 weeks, and a "definitely girl" at 18. I lived on the gender message boards making the online techs look at my u/s videos! 17 weeks though? You're good! Now start buying those pink outfits and hairbows...PS...etsy.com is the best for baby hairbows :D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that our girls will be able to play together. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete