Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Reality Check...

I've been depressed and overwhelmed all day today. I don't know if it's the cold, rainy weather, or what. I feel like my life is so out of control. I can't ever seem to get anything done around the house---it's constantly utter chaos; Jack won't let me out of his sight; Brady will not obey ONE THING I say and, in fact, defies my every word; I feel like I never see my husband anymore, although I know that's probably not completely true. To say the least, I was having quite the pity-party! I'm still pretty dissatisfied with the way things are going right now, but a phone call from my mom helped to quickly snap me back into the reality of my precious life. She called to tell me that my sweet OBGYN's 19-year-old son who was going to school at OU had decided to kill himself last Thursday. Obviously, I was quite shaken. It's sad any time you hear about a young person's untimely death, but for this to have happened to Dr. W, such a kind, caring and hard-working man, really upset me. I immediately wanted to grab my boys up, kiss and hug them, and tell them how much I love them (and I did)! Those two boys make my life worth living. My world revolves around them and I don't know what I would do if I ever lost one of them. I can't even begin to imagine that. Despite the chaos that is my life right now, I am so blessed and I am grateful for all that I have. Thank you so much God! I will be praying dilligently for Dr. W. I hope he is able to deal with this unimaginable loss, and come out of his grief stronger and more thankful for all that he does have. I'm sure it will be a long process...

Off to comfort a screaming Jack...

3 comments:

  1. YOU'RE NOT OUT OF CONTROL, YOU'RE JUST A MOM TRYING TO TAKE CARE OF 2 BOY UNDER 3!!SOMETIMES... WELL MOST TIMES IT CAN FEEL OVERWHELMING, EVEN WHEN YOUR CHILDREN ARE ALL GROWN UP! BUT OHHHH THE LOVE YOU GET BACK! IT'S ALL WORTH IT! LOVE MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, you're right! But I still need to get a handle on things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meagan, your blog is so nice and very insightful, whether you believe me or not. It's so nice to hear your daily updates with the little ones and such a heartfelt family all the way around. I realize from reading that I've missed you over the years. Thanks for getting together with us last weekend. I'll pray for you too, I can only believe that I'll feel the same way as you do just a few years behind. By that time, you'll be a professional giving me tips. You're doing a great job, your boys are precious. Take it easy, give the boys a hug, tell your mom hello for me, and let's keep up contact! I'll be thinking of you. Love,SP p.s. - I'm excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete